When I was a kid, as soon as I got up from bed and could smell the wonderful smell wafting in the air, I knew exactly what was going to be on my breakfast plate. French toast that Cita, our Filipino helper would make. I would jump quickly out of bed, wash up and be ready to devour a stack of sweet yummy french toast, drizzled with honey and downed with a cup of milk. I love how it's a little crisp on the outside, but chewy on the inside. Salty from the butter, but sweet from the condensed milk.
Ingredients: (For five pieces of bread)
- 2 Eggs
- Salted Butter
- 1.5 tbsp condensed milk
- 5 tbsp Milk
If you want to add honey to your french toast then perhaps you'd want to cut back on the amount of condensed milk.
- Crack the egg into a bowl large enough to immerse your bread in.
- Add the condensed milk and milk. Beat well with a fork or whisk.
- Coat each bread slice in the mixture well. Remember not to soak too long, or it will fall apart.
- Melt some salted butter in a hot pan and place the coated bread slice on the pan.
- Flip them over once the bottom is slightly brown.
- Serve and enjoy with honey!
Isn't it so simple? (:
Beat with a fork.
Coat bread slices well. Remember not to soak too long, or it will fall apart.
Pan fry in some salted butter.
Enjoy with some honey or maple syrup!