Thursday, September 13, 2012

French toast

When I was a kid, as soon as I got up from bed and could smell the wonderful smell wafting in the air, I knew exactly what was going to be on my breakfast plate. French toast that Cita, our Filipino helper would make. I would jump quickly out of bed, wash up and be ready to devour a stack of sweet yummy french toast, drizzled with honey and downed with a cup of milk. I love how it's a little crisp on the outside, but chewy on the inside. Salty from the butter, but sweet from the condensed milk.

Till this day, french toast is definitely something I could eat on and on and on. I would just wait for the bread's expiry date to come close and declare that I was just simply time for some french toast! A friend asked me just the other day whether french toast is easy to make. The answer is, definitely! And really, all you need are things you can already find in your kitchen, there's no need for flour and what not. Just some eggs, butter, condensed milk, milk and bread!
Ingredients: (For five pieces of bread)
  • 2 Eggs
  • Salted Butter
  • 1.5 tbsp condensed milk
  • 5 tbsp Milk

If you want to add honey to your french toast then perhaps you'd want to cut back on the amount of condensed milk.

Instructions:
  1. Crack the egg into a bowl large enough to immerse your bread in.
  2. Add the condensed milk and milk. Beat well with a fork or whisk.
  3. Coat each bread slice in the mixture well. Remember not to soak too long, or it will fall apart.
  4. Melt some salted butter in a hot pan and place the coated bread slice on the pan.
  5. Flip them over once the bottom is slightly brown.
  6. Serve and enjoy with honey!
Isn't it so simple? (:

 Beat with a fork.
Coat bread slices well. Remember not to soak too long, or it will fall apart.
 Pan fry in some salted butter.
Enjoy with some honey or maple syrup!

No comments:

Post a Comment