Chickpeas are usually associated with indian or middle eastern food. The most common malaysian chickpea dish is dahl. Well, this salad is very simple to put together. Just tossing all the ingredients into a bowl and mix! How hard can that be? If you're preparing this for guests they'll think you've put so much effort into it cause of it's vibrant colours!
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1 tomato (diced)
- 1/2 cucumber (diced)
- 1/2 clove of garlic (finely chopped, so you don't bite into large pieces)
- 1/4 an onion (finely chopped)
- salt and black pepper to taste
- a splash of fish sauce
- lemon juice
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Drain the chickpeas and put them in a large bowl.
- Add the other ingredients except the cucumber.
- Mix well and keep in the fridge till serving time.
- Add the cucumber before serving and mix well. The cucumber will add a fresh bite to the salad.
A simple salad that explodes with flavour.
The salad will make a great side dish to any meal. Great with pie or roast chicken (: