A hearty meal is always needed on a cold winters day. Imagine slow-cooked beef ribs with a big pile of mash potatoes. That sure does hit the spot! Using a slow cooker makes the meat tender, allowing it to wonderfully fall off the bone.
- 3 large carrots
- 2 celery sticks
- beef ribs
- beef slices
- 1 packet of lamb shank slow cooker mix (We used McCorrmick's Garlic and Herb Lamb Shank Recipe Base)
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 150ml of water
- Line the pot with the halved carrots and celery.
- Sear the meat in a pan and place the meat into the pot. Searing the meat just means browning the outside of the meat but not cooking it all the way through. By searing the meat you'll be adding flavour to your dish.
- Mix the recipe base with the can of tomatoes and pour on top of the meat. Add some water to the can to rinse.
- Put the slow cooker on low for 8 hours. You don't necessarily have to stir as the the crock pot slow cooker will do the job, however there's no harm in stirring occasionally. To check whether your dish is done, the carrots should be soft but make sure it's not too mushy.
The slow-cooked beef ribs go great with mashed potatoes or/and some boiled pasta.
With a few easy steps, you're set with a hearty meal that will satisfy your tummy.