Pasta is definitely something we can always fall back on when we don't know what to cook for dinner. For mom's on the go who want to fix up a quick meal, you can never go wrong with pasta be it white or red sauce, vegetarian or with meatballs. Moreover, I think for students especially it's also very economical and fills you up good to do all that studying! Here's an easy pasta dish: Penne with white sauce, simple meatballs and peas.
- 250g Minced beef
- Salt and Pepper
- Frozen Peas
- Penne Pasta
- Salt and Pepper
- Cheese (We used cheddar, but mozzarella or parmesan will do)
1. Cook 2 cloves of garlic and a medium sized onion in a pan with some oil until fragrant.
2. Chop the rosemary very finely and pour the cooked onions and garlic into the bowl of minced beef.
3. Incorporate all the ingredients together. Add salt and pepper.
4. Form the meatballs by rolling a spoon of the minced beef in your palms.
5. Pan fry with some oil until dark brown.
*Just in case you'd like to add more flavour to your meatballs, you can try out a tester first then only start rolling out the rest after you've tweaked it to your liking.
Instructions (Sauce and overall dish)
1. Pour pasta, peas and meatballs into a pan.
2. Beat an egg in about 200ml of milk.
3. Pour the egg-milk mixture into the pan and make sure you continuously stir the mixture with the pasta, peas and meatballs. Do not stop stirring or you will get lumps of egg. What you want is a creamy sauce. Then add the cheese and stir till it melts.
Cooking the pasta and peas together would cut your cooking time especially if you have a small stove.
As your pasta is a few minutes away from being done, pour in your frozen peas.
Beat an egg into the milk.
Pour the egg-milk mixture into the pan and stir continuously.
Serve hot and enjoy.