During winter, you're cold, constantly hungry and trying to keep warm. That's when soups are pretty much your saviour. You can always reheat it up anytime you want and home made soup definitely beats can soup by a mile! Here we've cooked up a tummy warming tomato soup with leeks and carrots perfectly accompanied by grilled cheese sandwiches. You get a delicious bowl of sweet, sour and salty that warms and fills you up nicely. The perfect comfort food.
- 2 carrots
- 2 leeks
- 1 big onion
- 8 large tomatoes (roasted in the oven with olive oil and salt)
- 1 cube of chicken stock dissolved in a cup of water
- 3 cloves of garlic
- salt and pepper
- Roast the tomatoes for 30 minutes and 180ºC and finely chop the carrots, leeks and onions.
- Sautee the onions, carrots and leeks in a big pot until they soften.
- When all the vegetables are all soft, add the chicken stock and let the vegetables soften further.
- When the tomatoes are done, remove the skins and use a fork to mash the tomatoes.
- Add the mashed tomatoes into the pot and let it simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Taste the soup and season with salt and pepper.
- You can use a hand blender to make the soup smooth and silky. But we decided to leave it rustic.