When you're studying abroad, I think we can all agree that we're always in search for that simple, yet familiar comfort food. A good stir fry is always appetizing to have with a nice big bowl of rice and this black bean chicken stir fry is one of that simple things you could cook up wherever you are with just a few asian ingredients to satisfy that craving.
The main ingredient would be of course salted black bean which you can get at almost every Asian grocer I presume. It's simply cooked with a bit of chinese wine, onions and your choice of meat. Chicken, in this case. You could easily use some beef or pork slices.
- handful of Salted Black Beans (adjust according to how much chicken you're using)
- 3 tbsp Chinese Wine
- 1 sliced onion
- Chicken pieces
- 1 tsp sugar
- Roughly chop through the black beans, as you want the flavour to be more intense without using too much beans.
- In a pan of heated oil, fry the onions until translucent.
- Add the black beans until fragrant, then sear the pieces of chicken.
- Once the chicken is cooked, add the Chinese Wine and sugar. Let the flavours meld for a while to create a sauce. Now it's ready to be served with some vegetables and rice.
Served with carrots glazed in Chinese Wine and coriander.