I don't know about you, but the first thing that comes to my mind when I think about english muffins is unfortunately, the mega fast food chain McDonalds. Egg McMuffin, sausage McMuffin, sausage egg McMuffin.. It was always these McDonalds breakfast meal burgers that I truly enjoyed, hashbrown included! Perhaps because we would usually get them early in the morning before we started on our long car rides as a family.
Whatever the association, it was all on an english muffin; it's chewy, grainy texture. So here's our take on an english muffin burger compromising of your friendly breakfast ingredients. Why not have it on an english muffin instead of a plain ol' bun! There's nothing better than a homemade burger!
- 2 cloves of Garlic
- 2 large onions, caramelized
- 5 eggs
- 1 large tomato
- Lea and Perins sauce
- 200 grams minced beef
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Olive oil
- 5 english muffins
- Finely chop garlic, onions. Add into bowl of minced beef. Add a good pinch of salt and pepper as well as a tablespoon of Lea and Perins sauce. (We don't usually crack an egg for the patty because it manages to hold up just fine.)
- With clean hands, mix everything up well. Divide and mould into 5 circular shapes about 2cm thick with a concave middle. Drizzle some olive oil onto the patties.
- Fry bacon and onions and egg.
- Preheat a nonstick pan on high heat for about 3 minutes. Turn the heat down to medium and place the patties on the pan concave surface facing upwards.
- Slice tomatoes.
- Half the english muffins and toast in an oven for a short while, just enough to melt cheese on top.
- Put burger together and enjoy!